Protecting your privacy is important to us.
Personal Information We May Collect and How We Use It
The types of Personal Information we may collect (directly from you or from third party sources) and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with us and the requirements of applicable law. Some of the ways that we may collect Personal Information include:
- You may provide Personal Information directly to us by interacting with the Services, responding to a form or a survey invitation, during events such as webinars or workshops, and by requesting information or services from us.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar automated technologies as described below.
We seek to collect only that information which is relevant to our specific processing needs, such as to provide and improve our services, and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. Below are the ways in which we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
Personal Information We May Collect
When you use or engage with our Services, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- We may collect Personal Information from you such as your name, an email address, phone number or mailing address when you choose to request information about our Services, register for a mailing, webinar, whitepaper or newsletter that we may offer from time to time, participate in a survey or request to receive customer or technical support, or otherwise communicate with us.
- We may offer publicly accessible webpages, blogs, private messages, or forums. You should be aware that, when you disclose information about yourself on our webpages, we will collect the information you provide in such submissions, including any Personal Information. If you choose to submit content to any public area of Pulse.app, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein. We urge you to exercise good judgment when sharing Personal Information.
- We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the internet, browser type and language, geolocation information, hardware type, operating system, internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
Use of Information We Collect
You consent to our using the content of any communications that you submit to us via the Services, including any ideas, inventions, concepts, techniques, questions, comments or know-how disclosed therein, for any purpose including developing, manufacturing, improving and/or marketing our Services. We will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) you explicitly grant us permission to do so; (b) we first send notice to you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of a Service will be published or otherwise used with your name on it and obtain your permission to proceed; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
We may use Personal Information about you for administrative purposes in order to:
- Measure interest in our Services
- Develop new products and Services
- Ensure internal quality control
- Verify individual identity
- Send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance
- Process applications and transactions
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
We may use Personal Information to create nonidentifiable information that we may use alone or in the aggregate with information obtained from other sources, in order to help us to optimally deliver our existing Services or develop new Services. From time to time, we may perform research (online and offline) using different methods, including surveys. We may engage third party service providers to conduct such surveys on our behalf. All survey responses are voluntary, and the information collected will be used for research and reporting purposes to help us better serve users by learning more about their needs and the quality of the products and services we provide. Such information may be utilized to determine the effectiveness of our Services, various types of communications, advertising campaigns, and/or promotional activities. If you participate in a survey, the information given will be used along with that of other study participants. We may share anonymous individual and aggregate data for research and analysis purposes.
We may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the Services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, cannot be used to identify you, and we may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information with third parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
We may use Personal Information for purposes in which we have a legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, individual or market research, anti-fraud protection, or any other purpose disclosed to you at the time you provide Personal Information or with your consent.
Information We Collect Using Cookies and Other Automated Technologies
When you visit Pulse.app or use the Services, we may collect and store information about your visit on an anonymous, aggregate basis using cookies, pixels or clear gif tags (“Automated Technologies”). Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer to keep track of settings or data for a particular website. Clear gifs (also known as web beacons) are used in combination with cookies to help us understand how visitors interact with our Services. A clear gif is typically a transparent graphic image that is embedded in web content to allow us to measure a visitor’s actions in opening the page that contains the clear gif.
If you have disabled Automated Technologies from within your browser, or if you are running third-party software that intercepts or deletes Automated Technologies, you may not be able to use Pulse.app or the Services. If you are concerned about Automated Technologies, you may modify your browser settings to notify you when they are employed. If you do not know how to modify your browser settings please consult your browser documentation.
The registration and preferences pages provide an opportunity for you to provide us with information about you and your interests, such as your name, mailing address and e-mail address. If you choose to share any Personal Information with us, we may store it and use it for our own marketing research and other marketing purposes. However it is our stated policy not to share any of your Personal Information with other companies or even our business partners.
Third Party Advertising
Your Choices & Opt-Out
You have the right to opt out of certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information. Where you have consented to our processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out to further processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt-out, we may still collect and use anonymized or non-Personal Information regarding your activities on our Services and/ or information from the advertisements on third party websites for non-interest based advertising purposes, such as to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
We may periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote our Services. When you receive such promotional communications from us, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” (either through your Account or by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive).
We maintain “do-not-call” and “do-not-mail” lists as mandated by law. We process requests to be placed on do-not-mail, do-not-phone and do-not-contact lists within 60 days after receipt, or such shorter time as may be required by law.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, and Restriction
Although Pulse Profile Analytics Inc. makes good faith efforts to provide individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to provide access for legitimate reason. If we determine that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, we will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
The Security of Your Information
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you (including your Personal Information) from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information on our forms, we encrypt this data. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Services or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on Pulse.app or by sending an email to you.
Links to Other Sites
Statement effective as of October 22, 2019.